Tuesday, January 12, 2010

To Have or Not to Have


First are the things I have that I want.
Second are the things I don't have that I don't want.
Third are the things I have that I don't want.
Fourth are the things I don't have that I do want.

The first two lead to stasis. I want to keep having the things I have that I want, and I want to keep not having the things I don't want.

The second two lead toward change.

The question is how much pain do I have to feel before I decide to do something about it?

1 comment:

Dr. Mike said...

Half What I Have

Now that the nest
Has been rifled
And no bird will warm
What human hands
Have touched

Who among the straw
Reapers will agree
To send my bonds
To my sister and
To scrape my ash
From the crematorium

[Disposable Poem January 12, 2010]
Dr. Mike