Thursday, January 21, 2010

Listening Well


To listen well is a great gift.

Before I can listen well to someone else, though, I must first learn to listen to myself.

Listening to myself means being still enough and quiet enough to hear the profound silence we each carry within us. It is the source of my deepest self. It is the source of your deepest self.

When I am listening to my deepest self, I can hear every word you say.

When I am listening to your deepest self, even the silences between your words speak volumes.

3 comments:

UB said...

To listen well to ourselves and others is a great gift. Maye the problem is some people only hear themselves all the time, greed.......

HK Stewart said...

UB:

When we are listening to our deepest selves, we realize we already have everything we need. So why be greedy?

Thanks for reading.

Anonymous said...

This is what I call connection. It's as wonderful as the deepest love between man and woman, woman and woman, and man and man. The resulting orgasm is as beautiful as anything that's beautiful -- only better! Sex is no match for it, but sex is the best part. Let yourself go! The only ones who miss it aren't even connected to themselves. What a pity.