Thursday, March 8, 2018

Back Again


Part of me thinks I should feel guilty about not posting here for the last seven months except for the weekly quotes.

Another part of me chooses to believe I haven't written here for seven months because the currents of Tao have taken me elsewhere, and now those same currents have brought me back again.

That first part is my mind talking. The second part comes from my heart.

My "mind" is my ego, my sense of being separate from everything and everyone else. It's what I think with. It's my problem-solving machine. It comes up with explanations for the experiences I have as I go through my day. It's the logical part, the words-and-numbers part.

And it thinks it's in control of me.

My "heart" is something else. My heart (for lack of a better word) is the center of my being. It's my core. It's what I've always had and what I'll always have. It cannot be taken away. It's deep -- much deeper than my mind, my ego.

Much deeper than I'll ever know.

I've been thinking about these two aspects of myself lately. My mind and my heart. I spend a lot of time in my mind. Not so much in my heart.

Silence is the way to reverse this.



2 comments:

S0phia Inkpen said...

Let inspiration guide you. If quotes, then quote them. If personal thoughts, share them. I enjoy reading all, and even the white page.

HK Stewart said...

S0phia:

Thanks for your note. Inspiration is the only guide I know these days for riding the currents of Tao. And what's a better way to live than that?

H. K.