Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The Divine at Play


There is so much to take in, to sift through, to contemplate, to appreciate in every passing hour that I have to stop every now and then and let my mind catch up.

Sometimes, I just have to go in a room by myself and sit in my favorite chair and close my eyes and be quiet. Just breathe. Just be still and breathe. Slow. Still. Silent.

In that silence, I let go of taking in and sifting through and contemplating and appreciating. I sit still, instead, and just watch for the Divine at play.

1 comment:

Dr. Mike said...

Divinity

What is more divine
Than a child at play?

Playfulness helps
Keep us all divine.

With a vagina stick
Turned upside down

What can’t we divine
Searching for water,

That source of all life,
That heaven on earth!

What can’t we divine?
Here’s what –

Why we can’t come back,
Except in imagination,

Imagining God,
Imagining life after death,

Imagining we can somehow
Rescue those whom we love.

[Disposable Poem September 17, 2009]
Dr. Mike